The covenant groups (our small group ministry) fit into a larger picture of ministry within this local church body. Therefore, they are not intended to carry the weight of every aspect of ministry that should be taking place in a believer’s life. However, we believe that covenant groups are essential in targeting the following areas of need:
- Fellowship. Defined biblically, this means genuine participation in the lives of one another. It is the building of relationships that matter and would be missed if they did not exist. They are relationships of support, encouragement, accountability, and sacrifice.
- Discussion Format. Since there are other available times of teaching, these groups are not intended for monologue! The goal is to get others to open their lives, their experiences, their questions, their testimonies, etc. There will usually be consistent, directed times of discussion as a centerpiece. Discussions may focus on a Sunday message or a predetermined topic or study.
- Prayer. Small groups allow for more immediate care and attention, so individual needs and concerns can be addressed by the group praying for one another. Uniting each covenant group to the vision of the local church should be a part of our objective in this area as well. This is accomplished by bringing before the group for prayer certain aspects of the corporate vision, such as upcoming outreach opportunities, another covenant group’s outreach project, missionary projects, the worship team, the elders, etc.
- Evangelism. While the primary purpose of covenant groups is the growth and maturity of believers, these meetings also bring a context for evangelistic outreach. Visitors are welcome.
- Service Opportunities. There should be a consistent overflow from the life of the groups that gives the members opportunities to serve each other, the rest of the church body, and the lost. We want to be actively encouraging one another to love and good deeds (Hebrews 10:24).
- Vision Imparting. Covenant group relationships are also important in helping to further impart God’s vision for what He is calling us to be about as a local fellowship. Covenant groups reinforce the vision of the elders and help participants understand how they can connect with and contribute to whatever God is doing in our midst at any time.
- Enjoyment. All these things are part of enjoying sharing our lives with one another. While never compromising the agenda of God, we want people to want to be a part of the group! Covenant groups are basically a meaningful gathering of friends who enjoy relating to each other around the truths God has given us for our lives.
COVENANT GROUP MEETING DAYS & LOCATIONS:
|Monday Night Groups:|
|Ron & Flo Aleman||Old Metairie||504.838.6832|
|Mike & Darlene Badeaux / Steve & Trudy Morris||Metairie/Clearview||504.834.2710|
|Peter & Debbie Bassil / Erik & Erin Schmaltz||Metairie||504.309.0803|
|Donnie & Judy Bourgeois||Metairie||504.443.1016|
|Deni & Ros Meyer||Kenner||504.469.3768|
|Ray & Linda Prats||Lakeview||504.467.7117|
|Bob & Kay Swanson||Lakeview||504.738.7838|
|Julio & Janet Torres||Bucktown/Lakeview||504.512.5792|
|Wednesday Night Group:|
|Zach & Erin Allen||Lakeview||504.723.7868|
|Lester & Janine Coe||Kenner/Metairie||985.307.0999|
|John & Val Engvall||Destrehan/St. Rose||504.436.2399|
|Perry & Patrice Frey||Bucktown/Lakeview||504.831.7042|
|Nick & Angelle Missios||Lakeview||504.220.1316|
|Steve & Linda Roberts||Bucktown/Lakeview||504.837.8843|
|Thursday Night Groups:|
|Bill & Nancy Treeby||Harahan/River Ridge||504.738.0291|
|Phil & Liz Widener||Westbank||504.394.7279|