“Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.” (Philippians 4:17)
“Honor the Lord with your wealth” (Prov. 3:9)
Because God has richly provided for us, we honor Him through our giving. Giving is first a statement about the worth and significance of God. He owns it all, and any resources we have are just borrowed from Him! Giving is also used to support the mission and purposes of God through His people. We give through the local church because we recognize the church is central to God’s plan on this earth.
WHAT ABOUT ONLINE GIVING?
In our digital, paperless ages, online giving is a convenience that many people find useful.
Giving transactions are handled through a trusted, secure site that allows both church members and guests to designate gifts to the General Fund or several other funds. The system allows users to create a profile for return visits, set up and personalize recurring contributions and create e-mail reminders for future contributions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I need to log in to make a one-time contribution? No. Login is not required to make a one-time contribution, but creating an account will make giving on a regular basis much easier. Once your account is created, known fields such as name, addresses, city, etc., will fill automatically, and you’ll be able to view a history of payments made through the system.
- Do I need to create an account to schedule recurring contributions? Yes. Creating an account allows the system to keep a record of the recurring giving schedule that you set up.
- Will I be able to see a history of my online giving? Yes. However, the history includes only electronic giving transactions made through the church website.
- Can I give by credit card? Yes. You can give by credit card or debit card.
- Can I give to another fund not listed on the website? It depends. The website will generally show the primary, approved funds. Please contact Darlene Badeaux if you have questions about giving to other approved funds.
- Are my transactions secure? Yes! The company we will be using to collect online gifts is called ServiceU. They are in compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) as a Level 1 Service Provider. They are one of the few companies that meet these rigorous standards. For more info about ServiceU, visit their website at www.serviceu.com.
- Can I give stock? Yes. Giving stock can be a prudent way to give. When making a gift of appreciated stock, you may deduct the current value of the stock without paying any capital-gains tax. The charitable contribution deduction is also still allowed. To do so, contact Darlene Badeaux for additional information on this.